Tuesday 20 January 2015

Book - 2nd Edit

Following on from my first draft of this book, I have changed the font of the front cover & titles in the pages to something more bold, instead of an older and more cursive text. I wanted a text that could be related to sport, and envisaged the bold text used for players' names on the back of football shirts. I have not changed the front cover because I don't think I've found a suitable replacement yet, It will probably be what I deem the strongest image from the set, could an image be used twice? I have kept the place holder text as it is, as I have yet to begin writing copy. I have also kept the simple theme of placing landscape orientated images in the centre of the page, however I think I have improved the appearance of portrait images as they are used full bleed to the left/right of their respective pages. The sequencing of the images can be improved, as the gaze of some of the subjects disrupt the flow for the reader, I will be more careful when editing down for the final photographs. The front cover can also be changed, as it does not accurately reflect what can be found inside the following pages.

In further feedback from class I have learned that the strongest section of this work is the first one, 'On the terraces' and it would probably be best to approach this with that body of work solo, removing the ballboys & grafters as they do not add as much else to the book. I will try and re edit the images to represent the terraces. 

http://issuu.com/lewismitchell/docs/book_version_2/1

No comments:

Post a Comment