Friday 13 February 2015

Book - Version 5

Following feedback that I have received for version 4 of my book I have acted upon several areas within the project in which it could be improved. Firstly, I have altered the cover photo from the little boy to a group of boisterous away fans. This is a stronger image that hits you and while the previous cover is one of my favourite images from the set, it did not work. Laos on the cover I have changed the font size from 72pt to 50pt. It was large as once again I'd like to create an in your face reaction when reading the cover. The size of my name on the back was also too large by mistake in version 4, and has too been scaled down but further to 20pt. It was nice to experiment with people looking left on the right and vice versa but this has led to the readers eyes jumping across the spread too much, in this version they are all simply on the right hand side of the spread. The centre spread has two similar looking images of home fans celebrating and more laid back. these have been used at full bleed to stand out further. Finally I placed the two darker, clearly night time images towards the back of the book so that they do not disrupt the flow of the brighter daytime images. I hope to get at least one more edit done over the weekend including finished copy ready for the deadline on Monday.

http://issuu.com/lewismitchell/docs/book_version_5

No comments:

Post a Comment