Saturday 29 November 2014

Idea

This assignment is required to be a long term project, so I should choose a subject that will allow repeated access over time, allowing for a refined editing process. Back in August I reached out to Gloucester City FC for access throughout their 2014/15 Conference North season at Whaddon Road in Cheltenham, I started shooting in September and have returned regularly. Whilst I do shoot the action on the pitch I find the reactions & figures in the stands more interesting, capturing images that I'd like to share in book form, and knowing I have access to expand this body of work. Having received feedback on this idea, it seemed popular to get to know these figures in the images, gain they're trust and access their personal connections with the football club, which I think will also take time to establish and execute. I started a similar project during the summer where I photographed portraits on the the street, of people dressed in footballing clothes, and share what they have to say on they're club.
I will continue to shoot with Gloucester City at Whaddon Road, documenting the scenes in the stands, the dedicated staff that run & serve the club, and the excitement shown by visiting junior clubs who are entrusted with ball-boy duties.

No comments:

Post a Comment