Saturday 29 November 2014

Inspiration

Stuart Roy Clarke's images show that there is more excitement off the pitch that on it, from grass roots to premier league. I like how he documents the atmosphere surrounding a football ground, regardless if a match is even being played.


Cradle of the Game is a photo-book which displays his work and design is one that I would be interested in taking inspiration from when it comes to formatting the layout of this assignment in Adobe InDesign. He does use full bleed images but the majority are landscape images that are centred in the page with a title, date & small caption.



By looking at the first version of my design here you can see how I have tried to replicate the format of this book, It is a work in progress however with more picture editing required. Instead of captions I have used place holder text to show where descriptions of each section will be, I have decided on these sections because that is how I can describe what I have shot so far and is subject to change. The use of images is also subject to change as I'd like to experiment more with full bleed images and image positioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment